The editorial staff at Today’s Veterinary Nurse is pleased to announce our call for submissions for our peer-reviewed research journal’s 2025 editorial lineup.
If you or a colleague are interested in writing an article, please review the information below and send your topic submission(s) to email@example.com by Monday, March 4, 2024. We offer an honorarium for writing and reviewing, and we welcome co-authors as well!
General Guidelines on Our Publication, Author Stipulations, and Priority Article Formats/Topics for 2025
- Publication Mission
- Today’s Veterinary Nurse provides informative, practical articles with the latest information for veterinary nurses/technicians. Articles should emphasize standard-of-care diagnostics and management, but new advances in the field should be presented.
- Author Stipulations
- All clinical articles must have at least one author who meets his or her state requirements to be called a veterinary professional.
- Priority Formats for 2025
- Step-by-Step Guide: Article format covering a specific skill or procedure in a sequential order with images and/or videos.
- Case Study: Article format discussing a condition or treatment through the presentation of a case complete with history, presentation, diagnostic tests performed, lab results, monitoring/nursing care required to support treatment, and follow-up care.
- Q&A Discussion: Article format exploring an important topic in an area of specialty through succinct questions and answers with evidence-based support.
- Review of a Disease/Condition: Article format with a focus on improving the knowledge and skill set of the veterinary technician through a deep review of the existing literature.
- Trend in Veterinary Nursing: Article format that addresses a non-clinical topic or concept of relevance to veterinary nurses/technicians in a more journalistic, non-peer reviewed style.
- Priority Topics for 2025
- Anesthesia/Pain Management
- Note: We welcome topic submissions in all other clinical and non-clinical areas as well.
General Considerations for the Formatting of Topic Submissions
- Please submit article submissions in the following format. Note: Manuscripts, if available, will be considered, but the following format is acceptable.
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject Line: TVN 2025 Article Submission
- Working title
- Overview: 50-100 words on the main ideas to be covered and relevance to a practicing veterinary nurse.
- Bulleted Skeleton: A bulleted list of section topics to be covered
- Potential Figures/Images